I've been using the tapestry-jquery project here:

https://github.com/got5/tapestry5-jquery

It's dead simple to use.

The one issue is that it doesn't currently work with 5.3.  There is a branch
for it, but it probably won't be published until after 5.3 is actually released
(5.3 is beta at the moment).

Tony