Thanks, I was too sleepy (and desperate) to remember that last night. There is
no SSL going on between the apache server and the tomcat server.

Concerning the proxy link you listed below, there are already several
production non-Tapestry apps running in this configuration, and none of them
have this problem. In addition, I'm having the exact same problem on both a
staging server and in my production servers. That's why I thought it was
something peculiar to Tapestry that I'm just not familiar with yet. Worst case,
I can set up a new Tomcat specifically for this application and try to
configure it differently than the other ones, but I would prefer not to, of
course.

Do you see what I might be doing wrong with the BaseUrlSource method I added to
AppModule? I was really hoping that this would take care of it.

public static void contributeServiceOverride(MappedConfiguration<Class,Object>
configuration)
    {
        BaseURLSource source = new BaseURLSource()
        {
            public String getBaseURL(boolean secure)
            {
                String protocol = secure ? "https" : "http";

                int port = secure ? 443 : 8080;

                return String.format("%s://secure.mysite.com:%d", protocol,
port);
            }
        };

        configuration.add(BaseURLSource.class, source);
    }

Thank you for your help.

--Michael