This is a bummer indeed. If I recall correctly, this was gong to be a
translation from German - so the content actually exists, something must
have fallen through with the translation.

I know for a fact that the NetBeans community has had at least a couple of
'community translated' books. Unfortunately, I don't know German and have
nothing to contribute to such an effort even if it was an option :-(

Cheers,

Alex K