On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 22:15:26 +0200, Greg Pagendam-Turner
<g...@liftyourgame.com> wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to pull some of my config out of AppModule into config files.

The config files are loaded via contributeSymbolSource. Some of these symbols are referred to in ApplicationDefaults. For some reason IOC thinks there is a circular dependency on ApplicationDefaults but I can't figure out what it is.

Any ideas on what might be happening?

 public static void contributeApplicationDefaults(
   MappedConfiguration<String, String> configuration,
   @Value("${liftyourgame.facebook_clientid}") String clientId,
   @Value("${liftyourgame.facebook_secret}") String secret) {

This is it. contributeApplicationDefaults is where you set default values for your symbols, but since the symbols need to be resolved in order to pass the proper parameters to that method, the method depends on itself.

ApplicationDefaults is just one of many symbol providers, if you are setting this symbol elsewhere (web.xml, system properties, etc) you don't need to set it in ApplicationDefaults too.