On Oct 11, 2011, at 10:20 AM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 11:04:22 -0300, Tony Nelson <tnel...@starpoint.com> wrote:
>
>> I have in the neighborhood of 25 different services.  Passing them all
>> around seems like a workaround.
>
> But each Runnable needs all them?

No, they don't.  But I don't have a map of which ones need which, and quite
honestly they can change often enough to make this a rather pain to manage.

>> If I were to use the Tapestry Registry outside of a web context, how would I
>> get access to bound services?
>
> You'd need to instantiate the Registry yourself. The Tapestry-IoC
> documentation tells how.

Thanks, that I can do.

>> I understand that the Tapestry registry isn't supposed to be exactly like
>> Spring and Tapestry isn't intended to completely replace Spring.
>
> You're comparing apples to bananas here. :) Tapestry is a web framework.
> Tapestry-IoC is a dependency injection and invertion of control container,
> just like Spring (the core, not the other modules) is, so yes, Tapestry-IoC
> can be used as a complete Spring(-core) replacement.

OK, maybe I let out Tapestry-IoC and just said Tapestry.  My mistake.

Why is it so hard to get a handle on the Registry outside of the web context?
Shouldn't this be a simple service provided by the IoC container out of the box?