On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 10:33:18 -0200, <p.stavrini...@albourne.com> wrote:

After several failed attempts in the past, I finally managed to upgrade from 5.1 to 5.3.

I have one application to do the same upgrade, but I still haven't time for it yet.

The second was the new Tapestry ajax features and some updates to the prototype library. These effectively broke a lot of ajax components and pages we wrote based on 5.1, firebug to the rescue though.

So the problem itself was Prototype's backward compatibility instead of Tapestry's?

Overall I am impressed with 5.3, its noticeably faster, and appears to be robust.

Nice! :)

I will begin load testing next, just before moving over to 5.3 in production.

Will it include memory consumption data? That would be very, very interesting. ;)

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and instructor