Hi Steve

Short Circuiting
If a method returns a true or false value, this will short circuit processing.
Other methods within the phase that would ordinarily be invoked will not be
invoked.

Most render phase methods should return void, to avoid unintentionally short
circuiting other methods for the same phase.

Seems like it deserves a jira.

regards
Taha