Hi,

I get that error, if I use the ajaxResponseRenderer service during the
handling of an event, that has originated from a link that does not have
it's zone set. I understand the technical reason for this.

We have a fairly complex system, and we do not know beforehand what zones
the page contains in which we have to use our componentized links. To
circumvent this we currently have one global zone that is always in the page
(main layout template), but this solution is not very elegant.

So, can we mark actionlink as "just do xhr request" without giving it the
zone? Should this be similar "magic" marker as the ^?

 - Ville
Ps. The error message could be more descriptive too "You are trying to reply
with ajax to non-ajax request" or similar and then track the originating
link + the point in code that calls the ajaxresponserenderer.