On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 12:08:10 -0200, George Christman <gchrist...@cardaddy.com> wrote:

Hi Thiago,

Hi!

thanks for the response. How would you recommend controlling the individual fields dynamically?

The same way I've explained before. Put this logic inside isDisabled().

By the way, what do you mean by dynamically? After they were rendered? If yes, you need to do that using JavaScript, as nothing can be done server-side.

I tried something like this,

public boolean isDisabled() {
        if
(componentResources.getEmbeddedComponent("unitPrice").getComponentResources().isRendering())
{
            return false;
        }
return true;
}

I'm sorry, but using ComponentResources won't solve your problem at all. What's the logic you want to use for disabling or enabling a given field?

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and instructor