On Dec 13, 2011, at 12:40 PM, Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo [via Tapestry] wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 17:25:13 -0200, [hidden email]
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the fast response!
>
> Someone once compared this list to an IRC channel . . . :P
>
> > Created at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-1788.
>
> Thanks! By the way, have you checked Tapestry 5.3?

If I try 5.3, I get a whole new error:

Tests in error:
  testListUsers(org.appfuse.webapp.pages.admin.UserListTest): Context attribute
is not of type WebApplicationContext:
org.springframework.context.support.GenericApplicationContext@48a77106: startup
date [Tue Dec 13 12:49:44 MST 2011]; root of context hierarchy

Here's how I'm trying to create a Spring-aware PageTester in my application:

@ContextConfiguration(locations = {
        "classpath:/applicationContext-resources.xml",
"classpath:/applicationContext-dao.xml",
        "classpath:/applicationContext-service.xml",
"classpath*:/applicationContext.xml",
        "/WEB-INF/applicationContext*.xml"})
public abstract class BasePageTestCase extends
AbstractTransactionalJUnit4SpringContextTests {
    protected PageTester tester;
    protected Document doc;
    protected Map<String, String> fieldValues;
    protected final Log log = LogFactory.getLog(getClass());
    protected static final String MESSAGES = Constants.BUNDLE_KEY;
    private int smtpPort = 25250;

    @Before
    public void onSetUp() {
        String appPackage = "org.appfuse.webapp";
        String appName = "app";
        final MockServletContext servletContext = new MockServletContext("");

servletContext.setAttribute(WebApplicationContext.ROOT_WEB_APPLICATION_CONTEXT_ATTRIBUTE,
 applicationContext);

servletContext.addInitParameter(SpringConstants.USE_EXTERNAL_SPRING_CONTEXT,
"true");

        tester = new PageTester(appPackage, appName, "src/main/webapp") {
            @Override
            protected ModuleDef[] provideExtraModuleDefs() {
                return new ModuleDef[]{new SpringModuleDef(servletContext)};
            }
        };