I would in fact argue in the opposite direction.  I would suggest that you move
all of the prototype code to a separate project just like tapestry5-jquery and
let me pick by including the proper dependency.

As it is right now, the core code base includes a bunch of prototype code that
I will never use.

Just my opinion.

-Tony