On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 8:05 PM, Chris Mylonas <ch...@opencsta.org> wrote:
> after taking most of this year off from deving i'm looking at a project for
> early next year.
> i'm looking at porting an application that uses PHP stuff (drupal.org +
> ubercart.org) to tapestry5 early next year.
> the paypal integration is new to me in java, does a library exist already
> that just requires the keys put into a file?

There's more than one way to skin the Paypal cat. I wouldn't use an
implementation that just "requires the keys put into a file". There
are lots and lots of different workflows with Paypal depending on what
you need. If there was a module available, I'd carefully look into how
extensible and customizable it was.

> also, apart from session stuff, are there any gotchas that i need to be wary
> of for a tapestry web app <---> paypal site?

No. For my use case, progressive display worked great (there are
several steps to process a payment via Paypal). For server-to-server
communication, I used the SOAP api with CXF client & wsdl2java.

Kalle