You are right... thanks again!  According to the UrlEncoderImpl the safe
chars are the following:

*    private final BitSet safe = new BitSet(128);

    {
        markSafe("abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz");
        markSafe("ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ");
        markSafe("01234567890-_.:");
    }
*
I dont know the internal working of Tapestry that have this requirement,
but it should consider that some applications follow the standard, al least
with @ActivationRequestParameter.

David Germán Canteros