have a look at this page

http://tapestry.apache.org/forms-and-validation.html

""When rendering, the Form component emits two notifications: first,
"prepareForRender", then "prepare". These allow the Form's container
to setup any fields or properties that will be referenced in the form.
For example, this is a good place to create a temporary entity object
to be rendered, or to load an entity from a database to be edited.""

with regards
Sven Homburg
Founder of the Chenille Kit Project
http://chenillekit.codehaus.org