On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 13:56:42 -0200, Erik Fäßler <erik.faess...@uni-jena.de> wrote:

Hello all,

Hi!

I was wondering whether it is possible to build a JAR library which uses Tapestry-IoC internally which is then used by another application without being aware of Tapestry at all.

Short answer: yes.
Long answer: yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesss! Tapestry-IoC is completely independent from Tapestry-core (the web framework). You'll just need to get the Registry instance yourself, but it's easy and documented here: http://tapestry.apache.org/starting-the-ioc-registry.html.

But I should not use multiple registry objects if I'm correct. But I also don't have a main application to hold the registry - this would be the UIMA Framework itself which I'd rather not alter for this purpose. Is it perhaps possible to create one central registry which can be used by all UIMA components? I could use a static class with a static registry variable, for example. By Tapestry's module-autoloading, all modules should be included in this central registry. But I don't know if I don't just run straight into bigger problems with that approach. So I'd like to ask for your advice.

I can't see any problems with your approach.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and instructor