I agree that the ability to switch between .tml and .java would be
extremely useful. Right now issue 13 is keeping me from using it.

There used to be a plugin that only helped with this switch called
loom-t5, but the update site for that appears to be offline.

As far as a wish list, have you ever seen the old gui tools for
working with Apple WebObjects? It would show you the
objects/variables/methods from the .java page and let you navigate
through them and then click and drag a particular attribute and drop
it on a component and decide what you wanted to connect it to. It
brought some simple drag and drop capabilities to the editor that I've
always thought would be a great thing for Tapestry.

You can see some screenshots here:
https://developer.apple.com/legacy/mac/library/documentation/WebObjects/Conceptual/WO53_WOBuilderGuide/WO53_WOBuilderGuide.pdf

Page 53 & 55 explains how the editor let you navigate the objects that
were in scope for a page.  Page 60 show a drag and drop connection
taking place in the editor.

Anyway, I think something like that would be interesting and useful,
but the switching between .tml and .java, really good code completion
for components, and easy installation are obviously the things that
are going to be the most useful.

Just some thoughts. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the plugin!

Mark