if you have a look at
http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/examples/ajax/select1
who will see how geoff demonstrate a way to change items of the select
called carModelZone each time your select a new car maker in carMake.

replace carModelZone by your populated input should work

The trick here is that the zone bind to the parameter t:zone of the
carMake is refresh
with the return of the onSelect  event handler

onChange on carModelZone  -> call onValueChangedFromCarMake
which change the select carModelZone
(in your case this could be +1 on your populated input )
and return the carModelZone tml refresh this refresh

hth
François