1. use the 'index' attribute of loop:

<t:loop source="topnewsdatas" value="newsItem" index="indexProp">

2. add the indexProp to your page class

@Property private int indexProp;

3. use a property symbol for the appropriate style attribute (i'm assuming the <tr>)

4. implement the logic in your page class

public String getAlternateColour()
{
    return indexProp % 2 == 0 ? "#CDCECC" : "#FFFFFF";
}

5. enjoy.