Hi,

thinking of the #1 mantra in tapestry "static structure, dynamic behavior", I
guess you need to look for another approach.

Try adding the mixin to your component, not to the component inside of the
component. Maybe you need to change your implementation a bit (passing some
parameters) but it should work without an additional if clause.

Cheers
Christian