I'm using Tapestry 5.2.5

I have a library I'm using that makes use of Apache Commons IO. As a result, I need to call FileCleaner.exitWhenFinished() to stop the thread, or else my application's memory usage grows about 300 MB each time Tapestry does a class reload on my development box.

After some searching, it appears you can add yourself to the @ComponentClasses InvalidationEventHub. I can verify that I'm successfully calling the addInvalidationListener for my service implementation. However, objectWasInvalided is never called no matter what class(es) I modify. Tomcat reloads and prints an error saying that the "File Reaper" thread has not been terminated, which is what I'm trying to do.

Why isn't my objectWasInvalided called?

I've tried adding the listener in my AppModule as well as in a @PostInjection method in the implementation class (not at the same time.) Again, my function that calls addInvalidationListener IS called, but the callback is never called even after several class reloads.

Thoughts?

Norman Franke
Answering Service for Directors, Inc.
www.myasd.com