On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 2:43 PM, trsvax <trs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I see what the problem is although now I not sure why it works at all. I have
> this in my AppModule
> binder.bind(Realm.class, UserRealm.class);
> public static void contributeWebSecurityManager(Configuration<Realm>
> configuration, Realm userRealm) {
>                configuration.add(userRealm);
> }
> but the Realm interface does not contain
> AuthorizationInfo doGetAuthorizationInfo
> When I change to this
>  binder.bind(UserRealm.class);
> everything works. I looked thru the Shiro docs and there does not seem to be
> an interface that contains AuthorizationInfo doGetAuthorizationInfo

AuthorizingRealm does. But of course, should have figured that out -
basically the securitymanager doesn't see the realm is an
authorizingrealm. Ask yourself, does your realm really need to be a
service? Especially given how trivial it is to inject your realm
instances with @Autobuild to your SecurityManager contributions
operation. Anyway, it's certainly something I need to highlight in the
docs, others can easily trip on the same as well.

Kalle