Hi

On Mar 19, 2012, at 6:50 AM, Paul Stanton wrote:

> Hi group,
>
> Is it recommended to use a security module such as tynamo's tapestry-security
> when all you require is username/password authentication to a couple of pages?

If the project is going to stay at "a couple of pages of authentication", you
can always role your own.
http://tapestryjava.blogspot.in/2009/12/securing-tapestry-pages-with.html.

> Is there a simpler add-on module?

You have to add dependencies, write a Realm and define the rules. Not more than
10-15 lines. What can be simpler :)

> Is 'roll-your-own' a generally accepted practice for a simple implementation?

I did that in a couple of projects but then went back to tapestry-security. :).