@Steve:
Yes, it seems like the same issue to me, the attributes are taken out from
the dtd's.

@Thiago:
Thanks for the response, i've taken a look at those classes and many more
while debugging this behavior and investigating where those attributes come
from. The model in use is the htmlModel/DefaultMarkupModel which pretty much
only allows some abbreviated tags but doesn't tell me anything about the
informal parameters which are used subsequently (the attributes shape and
clear)

Should i open a new bug report for this issue (according to Massimo
Lusetti's comment:Please open a new one for 5.3 if this still applicable),
we're using 5.3.2?

To see both behaviors in action just take a look at jumpstart:
http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/examples/input/eventlinks/0