Quick question on this topic about configuration.

Has anyone tried having separate configs for hibernate.cfg.xml and/or
log4j.properties i.e. production/QA/development?

I was looking at commons-configuration and have it setup with spring
via tapestry-spring. Would like a way to move the configs mentioned
above into it as well?

My next thought is to look at when log4j and hibernate are initialized
to inject them with a configuration from spring that way I can manage
all the config using commons-configuration.

Thoughts or ideas are appreciated?
Earle