Hi Gavin,
i tried with a new workspace and here the results.

- For the default view: Yes, it works like that even in my PC: it's not the
default for a new workspace, but it remembers the setting (i don't know if
in project or workspace, i guess the last).
- For the issue 13: for pages in /src/main/webapp it works correctly, for
TMLs in /src/main/resources it picks the target instead the right path.
- For the autocomplete. it was my mistake: I tried on the TML in target, in
the source tml works.

Cheers,
Giulio