Hi all,

i'am currently trying to improve our tapestry application framework to
support session persistence across server restarts (and maybe across
multiple nodes in our server farm in the future).

i managed to made it to change all our own business objects that are
stored in the session to implement the interface "serializable", so that
the session manager of our servlet container (jetty 8) can store it to
the file system.

the class org.apache.tapestry5.tree.DefaultTreeExpansionModel which is
used in the 5.3.2 Tree component to save the tree state is not
serializable. i can't replace the model without extending and changing
the whole tree component. The DefaultTreeExpansionModel implements the
interface "org.apache.tapestry5.OptimizedSessionPersistedObject" which
letst one assume, that a optimized session management is desired.

There are no fields in the class (or superclass) that are not
serializable, so as far as i can see a proper solution would be to just
add the "Serializable" interface and everyhting should be fine.

Is it okay to open a jira task for this? I would highly appreciate this
fix for the next version of tapestry.

Thanks,

Felix