Paulo,
   I'm not sure what the significance of using tapestry-jdo has in this
context. It seems that the issues you're having are related to resteasy
(e.g. not serializing to xml would be a problem even if they were not JDOs.
Can you try your problem and see if you can serialize non-JDO objects ?

Cheers,

Alex K