sommeralex wrote

> how can i get the stacktrace? my eclipse console does not show any errors.
> I was trying to instantiate my list with an empty list if the list is
> null, but the error consists:

When you are in development mode (and you're using Tapestry 5.3) the
stacktrace is show in the browser with a js popup. The stacktrace is also
logged via slf4j - so it depends on your logging config if the stacktrace is
shown.

The null check in getGroups does not help since you  access the field
directly in onProgressiveDisplayFromLoadingScreen:

        Object onProgressiveDisplayFromLoadingScreen(){
                sleep(5000);
                System.out.println("si; " + groups.size()); <<<< here is
your NPE
                return this.listBlock;
        }

You can also use a debugger - it always helps :)