On Thu, 03 May 2012 16:01:25 -0300, wout86 <wouter.amerij...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thiago,

Hi!

I want to apply the same logic that's applied when using a Page property in a tml to output text: I want to use a component's property (render variable in this case) in its body to set the validator for a field in this body. That doesn't seem too
wrong to me, does it?

Maybe I didn't follow this conversation thoroughly, but why don't you use a component parameter to drive the validation logic instead? In addition, I can't see the use of a render variable. I'd use the Environment instead.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and instructor