On Tue, 08 May 2012 17:28:19 -0300, netdawg <net.d...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Thanks for verifying. Which brings me back to...the basic misunderstanding I seem to have on using persistence....

What is the best practice to HANDLE a parameter (say person) between pages or even the page submitting to itself?

Page activation context (if you have one or couple parameters) or query parameters (otherwise). Of course, page activation context will only work if the object is store somewhere. If not, you'll need session persistence, flash or not.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and instructor