Hi,

I've got another servlet running alongside tapestry. I would like to get a
sessionstate object from Tapestry to find out the currently logged in user
(And probably a few other things too eventually).

I've accessed the Service registry and can build the ApplicationStateManager
service, but on requesting an object I get the exception below. Which makes
perfect sense, because the request hasn't gone through the tapestry pipeline
(I'm using a tapestry ignorefilter to ignore requests to the other servlet).

So my question is, can I somehow inject the request information into
tapestry so I can access the tapestry session state object?. Or is there a
better way to integrate the other framework to use some more tapestry
features? I understand session objects integrate with the tapestry page
lifecycle, so it might not be so straight forward, but if I could just
access the objects and later work on setting them, then that would be great
:).

My goal is to embed a few Vaadin pages into my tapestry application. So far
so good, I can access services, but it would be great to access the session
related objects too.

Thanks, Ryan

java.lang.NullPointerException: Unable to delegate method invocation to
property 'request' of <Proxy for
RequestGlobals(org.apache.tapestry5.services.RequestGlobals)>, because the
property is null.
        at $Request_ab8a69b42eedd.readProperty(Unknown Source)
        at $Request_ab8a69b42eedd.getSession(Unknown Source)
        at $Request_ab8a69b42eea3.getSession(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.SessionApplicationStatePersistenceStrategy.getSession(SessionApplicationStatePersistenceStrategy.java:38)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.SessionApplicationStatePersistenceStrategy.getOrCreate(SessionApplicationStatePersistenceStrategy.java:49)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.SessionApplicationStatePersistenceStrategy.get(SessionApplicationStatePersistenceStrategy.java:44)