How about just render a block(or zone,component,etc) in a non-web-thead ?
Think about this:no event on the component will be execute,the
non-web-thread just prepare PageRenderQueue (or something else,I'm not
sure),RenderCommand and render the html of  the block.and then,the
non-web-thread push the html to the clients.

That's my ideal way , and I think it's very important for comet/reverse ajax
developers,because they could  push any part of page/component to client as
they want.

I have tried to implement this way,but unfortunately failed,because there
are many things I don't know about tapestry.But this way is feasible,isn't
it?

Thanks!

Howard Lewis Ship wrote