On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 1:55 PM, Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <
thiag...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 29 May 2012 03:11:06 -0300, Magnus Kvalheim <mag...@kvalheim.dk>
> wrote:
>
>  Hi Thiago.
>>

> Hi, Magnus!
>

>  This is unfortunately expected behavior. Openshift is running JBoss(7.1)
>> and tapestry is not supported on jboss out of the box.
>> I was a bit sad to discover this myself - I was kinda expecting it to
>> work for all major deployment env.
>> Basically what you need is a ClasspathURLConverter like this one
>> http://wiki.apache.org/**tapestry/**HowToRunTapestry5OnJBoss6Dot1<http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/HowToRunTapestry5OnJBoss6Dot1>
>>

> Thanks for the tip. :) After I turned off my computer yesterday, I
> remembered this problem with Tapestry on JBoss. We just had another thread
> about this and somehow I didn't remember while I was playing with OpenShift.
>
> Do you know if there's some other use of a "vfs" HTTP protocol besides the
> JBoss one? If not, we could add the code in tapestry-core itself.
> Otherwise, I prefer a separate module. Is there a JIRA for that? If not,
> please post one.

I'm happy with that :)

> Yep, we can provide a solution for this, but I'd like to remember everyone
> that Tapestry isn't working out of the box in JBoss now due to a JBoss
> issue, not a Tapestry one. ;)

True, I completely understand and agree with you.
Although I think developers don't care about the details and might blame
tapestry when it don't work. Then they have to find and integrate a piece
of code from elsewhere...
That might leave them a bit insecure (I know I am about the thought of
putting it into production - I don't know if it's production quality).