This is only easily done in the later T5.3.x releases. You need to
override the ValidationDecoratorFactory with your local service:

  public static void bind(ServiceBinder binder) {
    binder.bind(ValidationDecoratorFactory.class,
MyValidationDecoratorFactory.class).withSimpleId();
    }

  public static void
contributeServiceOverride(MappedConfiguration<Class<?>, Object>
config, @Local ValidationDecoratorFactory factory) {
    config.add(ValidationDecoratorFactory.class, factory);
  }

Then have your Factory return your own instance of ValidationDecorator
- I'd base it on, or extend, T5's default BaseValidationDecorator.

Steve.
--
Steve Eynon