I've just uploaded Tapestry 5.3.4-rc-7.  Key improvements:

* More (minor) speed improvements
* TAP5-1873: JavaScript execution exception is not logged
* Fixes the Hibernate dependency to match 5.3.3
* TAP5-1880: Disable GZip compression for HTTP/1.0
* TAP5-1938: JpaValueEncoder encodes transient value as null instead of
throwing an exception
* Upgrade to Gradle 1.0 (including the Maven archetype)

I expect to run a vote to release this as 5.3.4 in the near future, so
feedback is greatly appreciated!

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry