On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 19:38:52 -0300, Robert Lentz <rob...@teksolv.de> wrote:

Hi All,

Hi!

The header "If-Modified-Since " which will be parse by Tomcat's
FastHttpDateFormat.parseDate(..) method to a long, when called
ifModifiedSince = request.getDateHeader(IF_MODIFIED_SINCE_HEADER).
During this parsing any milliseconds are ignored/not available,

Isn't this a Tomcat issue instead of a Tapestry one? Of course, we can fix in Tapestry's side and that wouldn't be the first time something like that happens. Have you tried Jetty to test whether it happens in it too?

Your fix sounds harmless enough, so I see no reason for it to be integrated in Tapestry itself.

And thank you very much for noticing, investigating and provinding a solution! :)

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo