It seems that the inner zone is not triggering the outer to refresh as well.
I guess I am just not wiring things up properly as this should not be the
case. This is what I have

                <t:zone t:id="zoneData" t:update="show">
                    <t:layout.ShotDetails  />
                </t:zone>

Simplified ShotDetails

  <t:eventlink t:event="selectComponent"  zone="zoneComponent"
>Link</t:eventlink>

  <t:zone t:id="zoneComponent" id="zoneComponent" t:update="show">
other stuff </t:zone>

So once the link is clicked it refreshes the zoneData as well as
zoneComponent, which should not be the case, right?

cheers