On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 2:20 PM, Alex Kotchnev <akoch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was looking at Geoff's examples in JumpStart on supporting JodaTime, e.g.
> http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/examples/lang/typecoercers
> and
> http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/examples/jodatime/jodatime
> and
> http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/examples/lang/propertyeditors
>  It looks like a perfect candidate to break off as a separate module
> somewhere (e.g. on github or into an existing project like tynamo) - e.g.
> it has some interesting contributions, a component to explicitly display
> joda time - good stuff all around.
> Geoff - any objections if I break something off and pull some of your code
> into a separate module ?
> If jumpstart doesn't have a good way of publishing this as a separate
> module - would any of the existing projects (that have some infrastructure
> - e.g. tynamo, chenillekit) be interested in taking in an extra module like
> this (so that I don't have to deal w/ setting up new projects, websites,
> etc) ?

Not that I want to necessarily accumulate any modules up for grabs but
it would fit into Tynamo's mission as long as somebody takes an oath
to become a maintainer of the new module. Alex, being the JDO module
maintainer, it'd be pretty simple for you to bring it about. Geoff,
how is your stuff licensed? Everything at Tynamo is Apache licensed.
What Tynamo has to offer is a code structure to support multiple
independent modules, a build system, a pretty well-tested release
process ready to go for publishing all the way to Maven central, as
well as the Confluence-backed website and a structure for documenting
the modules (you knew this Alex, but just explaining for everybody
else following the discussion).

Kalle