If the form is inside a zone you can try the "ajax throbbers" propoused by
Howard.

http://tapestryjava.blogspot.com.ar/2011/12/adding-ajax-throbbers-to-zone-updates.html

By adding some css/js files and a little code in the layout component you
can get the desired effect: while the zone is updating, it becomes opaque
and shows the "loading"  animation.  This effect will be showed in all
zones, so if your forms are inside in a zone, you will get what you want.

I use this solution and works great

Regards

David Germán Canteros