Hi - I took the liberty in creating a JIRA for adding this example to the
symbols page.
Handy example for someone getting into symbolic stuff (excuse my pun-tiness)

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-1982

Here is the documentation I reckon could do with some more
http://tapestry.apache.org/symbols.html

For the quick and the dirty, it's a good example of injecting a symbol.
Dunno if it's jumpstart-worthy or stuff it into the archetype for more sample
stuff without overwhelming a noob.

My 2c
Cheers
Chris