I created a github repo with a complete binding module:

https://github.com/criedel/tapestry-json-binding

I tried to get all the syntax features inside that we were talking about:

${json:json.inner.inner2}
${json:jarr[1].inner.inner2}
${json:json.inner[0].inner2}

…and also with guarding '?'
${json:json.inner?.inner2}
${json:jarr[1]?.inner.inner2}
${json:json?.inner[0].inner2}

If you think the syntax is complete with that feature set you could easily put
the whole module into tapestry with the next release.
I know the implementation is not really clean and maybe not as efficient as the
stuff in tapestry-core but I thought if someone wants to use it and likes some
improvements it's going to be easier if there's a github repo to start with :-)