On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 10:54:26 -0300, Muhammad Gelbana <m.gelb...@gmail.com> wrote:

I probably am. But I think tapestry's *major* contribution is into the
client part. I highly expect that this is wrong so please correct me if I
am. What difference does it make if tapestry is a multi-page framework or a single-page one ?

Being multipage or single page makes a huge difference in which projects it's better suited. IMHO, single page approaches are best suited to webapps that want to have a desktop-like look and feel and behavior. One example would be webmail. For other kinds of webapps, I think multipage approaches work best. And you can still do single page webapps in multipage frameworks.

I totally agree. But I also hope I dive deep enough into tapestry to be
able to do such things easily without showstoppers appearing at any point.

Which showstoppers have you met so far?

I am developing a web application, ALL ALONE (small company), along with
windows services (Tapestry IoC and Apache Daemon) and some 3rd line support from time to time and it's really hard to have time to go through tapestry code or the docs

You'll need to go through the documentation of anything you use anyway . . .

Tapestry helps a lot but sometimes I just get stuck with trivial (mostly client-side related, components and tml) things that wouldn't take few minutes withing servlets\js.

That's what I call learning something. Care to provide actual examples? Otherwise, you fall in the "I can do X in Y way faster than in Z just because I already know Y well and I have learned Z yet".

Obviously I've used the wrong words again, I mean the integration part,
like configuration files or whatever. Of course including a jar into my
classpath shouldn't be a problem.

So your argument about components provided by Tapestry out-of-the-box don't apply here. ;)

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo