On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 10:33:45 -0300, George Christman <gchrist...@cardaddy.com> wrote:

Thanks Lance, management asked me to put all my validation's in a service, however I figured there would be an issue passing the tapestry form
component into the service. I think the domain object would be the best
option although I don't see any cost benefit in this extra layer of
abstraction.

You have absolutely nothing you can do with the Form component instance itself passed to a service, as you can't pull the values to be validated from it. You need to pass the service the object(s) being edited, as you said. On the other hand, you may pass the ValidationTracker so you can register errors in it directly.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo