From: kcola...@live.com
To: users@tapestry.apache.org
Subject: first flag variable for request cycle loop
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 10:47:21 -0400

Folks,

I am rendering some markup in a loop

psuedo
<loop... index = blah blah

        do alot of rendering stuff here
</loop>

Previously in T4 my code worked and the table row tags had to be placed at the
top of the loop to check a modulo on the index property

Now in T5, my check for modulo comes out true first pass thru and my markup for
the table gets wrecked because the new table row gets rendered first.

So I need a firstFlag variable to put in my method that checks for first flag.

My question being...

Whats the best way to implement a first flag? i know different rendering phases
happens and can occur at different places in the page, component and within
different request cycle methods... but I want to make sure I do this check in
the right place in case someone does a refresh on the page... the state flag
gets reset properly and used properly.

Here is my method...
    public boolean isAtNewRow() {
        return ((index - cursor) % min(tableColumns, itemsPerPage) == 0);
    }

Does anyone know where the proper place could be to implement a first flag? The
purpose being is that i want to avoid rendering the new table row markup on the
first iteration because it is not a true new-table-row...

Thanks for your assistance.

kcola...@live.com