so context was the solution... i get my pagenumber in nicely to the handler

<t:eventLink  t:id="IndividualPage" t:context="${pageValue}" >

thanks for helping

: )

From: kcola...@live.com
To: users@tapestry.apache.org
Subject: RE: EventLink parameters
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 10:28:38 -0400

Lance, jap slappin me is going to make me a better engineer... thank you

                                    <t:eventLink  t:id="IndividualPage"
parameters="pageValue" >
                                        <t:outputRaw
value="${individualPageIndex}"/>
                                    </t:eventLink>

    public int getPageValue() {
        return pageIndex + 2;
    }

but as far as this code goes... it produces the following (including the lines
commented out) (not sure what else to say... but i did find a solution with
your help):

41                                              <t:if test="pages">42
                                        <t:Loop id="foreachpage" source="pages"
value="currentPage" index="pageIndex">43
                        <a>44
                <!-- <t:eventLink  t:id="IndividualPage"
t:parameters="prop:{'pageNum':'indexValue'}" > -->45
                                       <!-- <t:eventLink  t:id="IndividualPage"
t:context="${pageValue}" > -->46
                       <t:eventLink  t:id="IndividualPage"
parameters="pageValue" >47
                    <t:outputRaw value="${individualPageIndex}"/> 48
                                                            </t:eventLink>49
                                                            </a>50
                                    </t:Loop>51

</t:if>locationclasspath:org/tynamo/examples/hibernatesecurity/components/Gallery.tml,
 line 46org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.util.TapestryExceptionFailure
 reading parameter 'parameters' of component
Home:gallerywidget.individualpage: Could not find a coercion from type
java.lang.Integer to type
java.util.Map.locationclasspath:org/tynamo/examples/hibernatesecurity/components/Gallery.tml,
 line 46org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.util.UnknownValueExceptionCould not find a
coercion from type java.lang.Integer to type java.util.Map.