Hi Lance, yes using @ActivationRequestParam was deffinately much cleaner
since I didn't need an onActivate nor did I need to return a Link in
onSuccess. BTW, is returning a link in onSuccess the right way to build the
URL?

A problem I found with @ActivationRequestParam is my inability to handle
exceptions properly. If someone puts a bunch of garbage in the URL, it
results in an exception. Perhaps I just don't know how to handle them with
@ActivationRequestParam, but at least I know with onActivate, I can handle
them.

My pk's are in fact longs, so my table structure is pk type long, name type
string. I'm passing the object into my select menu, then when a user selects
an item from the select menu and submits the results, you'll notice in
onSuccess I'm getting the objects name and then passing the string name into
the URL rather than the pk. I'm doing it this way because I didn't want pk's
in my URLs, I'd prefer readable URLs for SEO. So as you can see, it
unfortunately adds a lot more complexity to the code. So the question is
should I create some sort of encoder that encodes all spaces with either an
underscore or dash then later decodes it back?, or should I do the work up
front and store a column in the database that already has either an
underscore or a dash in place of a space? Option two seems like the better
solution IMHO eliminating the chance of damaging a name that may by default
contain those chars.

Thanks Lance.