Can we have the full code?
You are probably talking about a grid. The grid data is in the GridDataSource not in the BeanModel. Anyway. If you have a Hibernate like GridDataSource I wouldn't recommend persisting it because the sort should be done using SQL "order by" so persisting would imply you should fetch the entire data set etc.