Hi Angelo

Yes this is not related to Tapestry. Hibernate caches the results for
efficiency(there are different levels of caches involved) and so what you do
directly with the database may not be updated in the cache for a while
depending on the cache configuration.

My advice would be not to update directly when using hibernate as it can result
in unexpected behavior.

regards
Taha