Thanks. I wasn't able to use the following annotation and method...

@Contribute(ServiceOverride.class)
  public static void
setupApplicationServiceOverrides(MappedConfiguration<Class,Object>
configuration)
  {
    configuration.addInstance(SomeServiceType.class,
SomeServiceTypeOverrideImpl.class);
  }

I have a suspicion I am on an earlier version of tapestry 5 (I am still on
5.1.0.5).

I have managed to override MultipartDecoderImpl in a very hacky way which
has allowed me to set the progress listener. It's an early POC I'm doing so,
happy that it works, but will look into upgrading tapestry soon if need be.

Thanks for your help.