Hi Thiago,

Thanks for the response, I wasn't aware the Loop/Grid thing was a big issue
- with either template it had been the same, passing the ValueEncoder.

However, since tidying up and gaining a better understanding, the no
coercion exception only appears on a grid - I made all my pages as similar
as possible for this problem since the start of the week to nut it out - so
my question is - how do i know my ValueEncoder is registered with tapestry
or is passed to the grid - since it clearly exists and has been contribtued?
It's as though tapestry can't find it with the grid....and I'm passing it.

Now with the loop component:
Same page class as the last message posted, with this template below, yields
cannot cast exception that follows.
So has my ValueEncoder created the coercion between
String<->LibraryQueueMemberEvent ?
Yet java can't cast between the two for a weird reason?

In one hand (a grid) my value encoder is not recognised, and in the other (a
loop) the coercion has been recognised but at some other level java can't
cast between the two?

With regards to the persistence provider, in this case EclipseLink in
Glassfish - I have no idea about returning a subclass.

The session bean method is

Are you saying you've seen Hibernate return a subclass of
LibraryQueueMemberEvent - and how do you overcome that sort of behaviour?

Thanks for your frustrated reply. I _really_ appreciate your eyeballs on
this thread despite what appears my chopping and changing between Loop/Grid.

Chris